A little while back, we addressed some of the most popular kitchen remodeling trends that have been hot in 2013. For this post, we are going to switch rooms to look at the biggest bathroom remodeling trends of 2013. In general, high-end bathroom remodeling has risen in popularity over the past decade as homeowners realized that their bathrooms were not just rooms that served a purpose, but also places that they should be comfortable in. Part of comfort is being in a bathroom that reflects your style tastes. And with the help of an experienced bathroom remodeling contractor who has their finger on the pulse of what todays homeowners want, you can create a bathroom you love to use every day.
Here are the top 5 Tampa Bay bathroom remodeling trends of 2013:
1. Quartz Countertops. Yes, granite is still insanely popular (and rightfully so). But quartz is really picking up steam and becoming a tremendously popular bathroom countertop option as well. It is available in an even wider array of colors and styles than granite, and is incredibly durable and easy to maintain. In fact, quartz may just be the easiest countertop surface to clean, which is perfect for a bathroom installation.
2. Dual Vanities. In general, there’s nothing more annoying than going to the bathroom for your morning routine and finding that your toiletries are not where you expected them to be. That’s why his and hers sinks have gained in popularity in 2013, especially for couples. This allows the husband and wife to each have their own personal space, and can even alleviate some of the time problems that occur when both need to get ready for work at the same time in the morning.
3. Large Glass Showers. It seems that people are less inclined to take baths these days, and are instead more apt to use this pace to create larger, more spacious showers. This creates a more luxurious feel in the shower, resulting in a much better experience. These showers also tend to be enclosed in glass. But not the cloudy, sliding glass door we are used to seeing. The trend in 2013 is to use clear glass with modern hinged shower doors, keeping the airy feeling of the large shower.
4. More Light! This goes along the same lines as with the showers. People realize that they spend time in the bathroom every day. They want to feel more comfortable in there. Happier, even. And light is one of the things that make us feel good. That has led to the trend of people installing more windows and even skylights in their bathrooms to let more light in. This is something you should definitely consult an experienced contractor about, as the layout of your bathrooms may pose some obstacles that they will need to solve in order to get you more light.
5. Decorative Glass Tiles. Available in an array of shimmering colors, these decorative glass tiles can bring a beautiful look to your new bathroom. They can be used to accent certain places in your bathroom, to build a specific design like a backsplash, or even to cover an entire wall, making them a truly versatile and modern way to add color and sleekness to your bathroom.
To speak to an experienced contractor to find out more about these and other Tampa Bay bathroom remodeling tends, please contact Jack O’ Trades here.
Owner & President Logan Steege relocated to Tampa in 2003 to assist in a local start-up building 25 new homes in under two years. In 2005 Jack O’ Trades was launched. In 2010 he acquired a State Certified Residential Contractor license (CRC 1330291). Logan has an uncanny eye for detail and imaginative functionality. Jack O’ Trades is more than a contractor bidding and completing your job, we will share ideas with you, inspire design, and work with you to visualize and create the best use of your space. Logan continues to keep both hands on every project, but also offers you his eyes for aesthetics and ears for understanding your desires to make you love where you live.